BIG4 Airlie Cove Resort Mountain Bike Track
These trails have been implemented in a joint effort between BIG4 Airlie Cove and the Whitsunday Mountain Bike Club Inc.
As such, these trails are open to BIG4 Airlie Cove guests & Whitsunday Mountain Bike Club Inc.
- Open to members only
- Trail consists of a 4.2km Blue-rated loop track
- Professionally designed and built by Peter McLean of Townsville
- Trails are open for use between 6am and 6pm
Peter has designed and built many track throughout North Queensland and is well known for the quality of his tracks. Please help the WMTBC look after these trails by adding your gold coin donation every time you ride and by volunteering at our next trail maintenance day.
- Club members using the trails are NOT to use any other park facilities including pools, showers, BBQ's and playground - unless during specific WMTBC events
- Vehicles are to be left here in the visitor car park; cyclists can then access the trials via gravel road
- Members must wear or carry their WMTBC wrist band whilst on BIG4 Airlie Cove Property
- This is private land and any illegal users of these trails will be prosecuted. Riding these trails is a privilege, not a right
- Please be respectful of BIG4 Airlie Cove residents at all times and keep noise to a minimum
- Mountain biking is a high risk activity and must be undertaken with care and regard for the riding conditions at all times
- All riders use these trails at their own risk
- No liability is accepted by BIG4 Airlie Cove Resort & Caravan Park or the Whitsunday Mountain Bike Club Inc. for loss, damage or injury while riding these trails
- An Australian approved bicycle helmet and protective clothing must be worn
Hazards on the Trail:
- Loose and rough trail surfaces
- Changes in the trail surface due to weather conditions
- Rock features, banked turns, blind corners, overhanging branches, narrow gaps between trees
Code of Conduct:
- Do not ride when the trail is closed, wet or muddy
- Share the trails, enjoy the ride and respect others
- Obey all warning signs
- Stay on the trail, short cutting causes erosion
- Leave no trace, take your rubbish with you
To gain access to these tracks, book your stay with us here. For more information on mountain biking or to join the Whitsunday Mountain Bike Club, please check out the Whitsunday Mountain Bike Club Inc.'s Website.